Saturday, January 2, 2010

Laura Laine

One feature on this blog that I feel very passionate about is showcasing illustrators that I see as being innovative and stand out from the pack.

An illustrator I only learned about from a MUSE editorial she took part in is Laura Laine. I couldnt find a bio on her website, so from snooping around I gathered that she is a 26 illustrator living in Helsinki.

What I love about her work is a sense of playful-ness created from her use of volume and proportion. Particularly I love her use of value on the form, which creates this fantastic sense of volume on a very distorted(but in a way that suggest she knows what she is doing) form. She seems to do a marker pencil combo which I would first think is a terrible idea really works beautifully together.




No comments:

Post a Comment